Cold Arborio rice with herbs pesto and marinated sword fish in lime and ginger
- 360 g La Veronese Superfine Arborio rice
- 500 g herbs (basil, parsley, thyme, wild fennel, mint, sage, bay laurel, chives, true myrtle, dill and fresh oregano)
- A ginger root
- 1 fresh swordfish steak which has undergone flash-freezing
- 1 tablespoon of caper flower buds
- 100 g unsalted pistachios
- Sweet paprika to taste
- A handful of sweet raisins
- Black sesame seeds to taste
- EVOO, salt and pepper to taste.
Cook the rice for 12/15 minutes in a large pan of boiling water, with a little EVOO, the juice of a squeezed lemon and the juice of part of the ginger, peeled and grated. Drain the rice when ‘al dente’ and quickly immerse it in ice water to stop the cooking. Remove promptly and let cool.
In a food processor, prepare the green pesto by blending all the herbs along with the EVOO, the caper flower buds, and the pistachios. Mix until the pesto is nice and creamy. Add pepper to taste.
Cut the swordfish into a tartare, then marinate with lime juice and some squeezed ginger juice, along with EVOO, sweet paprika, and a spoonful of sweet raisins, previously softened in lukewarm water.
In a bowl, mix the pesto to the rice and mix well. If necessary, add some EVOO.
Serve the rice on a plate, moulded in a dough cutter, along with the marinated swordfish tartare, crushed pistachios, a dusting of sweet paprika, some sweet raisins, some caper flower buds, and black sesame seeds.
Tag : gluten free recipes